Uni Life

Posted by Pete | Posted in | Posted on 10:00 PM

0

At the moment I am studying Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Lufbra Uni. The course is 5 years long with a sandwich year in the 3rd year. This is not a year of eating sandwich's but a year in which I will work for a company and get paid! Hopefully this money will help me repay my loan, or it could be used to buy a new car...

Anyhoo, atm I'm living in student accom. on campus (Royce Hall- the best hall on campus) which isn't as bad as it sounds. I applied for an en-suite room (as everyone does) and failed to get one- no suprise there! But I have ended up with a room right next to the shower and toilet which I only have to share with 3 other peeps. So all is not bad. The block I'm in has 3 floors with about 20 peeps (ratio of 13:7 girls, with 5/7 girls on my floor!) in total living in it, and the sub-warden (who has an apartment on the top floor- right above my room so music can't be too loud :( ).

I'm in catered accom. so i don't need to cook, just roll out of bed walk to the dining hall and eat, and then go back to bed- unless i have a lecutre of course. The food is gr8 as we have an Italian chef so it is mainly pasta every day and cheesecakes/ice cream- i'm not complaining!. But there is always another option like fish and chips or pizza for those who like unhealthier food e.g. me (sometimes). Thats about it really, the sports facilities are out of this world (as you would expect for Lufbra being an international sports academy for every sport imaginable- even ultimate frisbee!), and the Union is also a great night out.

Here are some pics of my room:



Comments (0)