Events Last Week

Posted by Pete | Posted in | Posted on 11:11 PM

0

Since I have been so busy with freshers week and starting my course etc, I have been delaying starting my blog. So here's whats been happening;

Started my course on 3rd October but the lectures started on the Thursday (6th). So far all is good, but I can't believe the amount of peeps that actually fall asleep during lectures. I don't mean just nod off, I mean fall asleep and start snoring!!! It is probably due to the fact the rooms are all really warm, and the lecturers (one in particualer who manages to talk non-stop for the whole 50 mins), are not "teaching" us anything new atm i.e. it's all A-level stuff atm.

The only problem I have had so far is with the programming lab work- which is probably the most important part of the course! We arrived in the computer room and had to wait 10mins for the lecturer to turn up and then another 10mins for the photocopies to be made. Once we got started, me and my assigned work partner got to work on the programming (using C++ visual studio 6). First bit was fine, creating the "hello world" programme. But then we had a problem. We were given a huge piece of code and told to input it into the program and see what happens, and o btw the code is wrong. 8 errors is what happened. Eh? now what do we do? We called over a so called "helper" person, who didn't actually know what we were doing, knew nothing about the programme we were using, and probably works in the sports science department. He called over the other so called "helper" whom proceeded to look at the code and came to the conclusion that there was an error in the coding somewhere! Then he said (in an avid merrion bo selecta accent), "there is an error somewhere, you should have been taught this already" and walked off. O great, so on the first time ever I had looked at this programming code I was meant to magically "know" what the problem was, hmm... But then, and it gets better, both the helpers and the lecturer walked out the room never to appear again in the whole 2 hours I was there!

*Celeb Watch* Last week I watched the England Rugby team's training and found out that Matt Dawson really is small. Also I met Colin Jackson wandering around the campus and he had, as always, a huge smile on his face.

Comments (0)