Freshers Week

Posted by Pete | Posted in | Posted on 10:32 PM

0

Last weekend saw the end of freshers week, and what a week it was. Everyday was packed with activities to do during the day, or places to visit, and nights out in the evening. I couldn't go to them all, (as it is very tiring), but what i went to was great.

On the first day we had an informal "buffet" meal in our dining hall which was followed by a disco. I met soo many peeps in this first evening from all over the country and made many friends.

I spent the following day walking around lufbra town centre with the peeps from my block trying to find a cowboy outfit for the cowboy and indian themed night out at the Union. We eventually found a toy shop that sold a hat with a badge, guns etc, and happily handed over £4 for the cause. Little did I know that when I got back the hat was way to small for my head- couldn't check b4 as it was in stupid vacuum formed wrapping, but I still went wearing my badge, guns and bandanner thingy. It was another amazing night out where I met tons of peeps from all the halls around campus and got into alot of "friendly" banter, which we had to practice for the sing-off later in the week. When I say banter, I mean generally yelling at the top of your voice a song that the returners have madde up when they were drunk and thought sounded really really cool at the time- basically just taking a football chant and changing the words. Such as:

"You are my Royce Hall, my only Royce Hall,
You make me happy when skys are grey,
You'll never notice how much I love you,
Until you take mt Royce Hall away.
Nah nah nah nah nah..."

The other songs are along the same lines but alot, and i mean alot ruder!

The next day we hopped on a bus to Leicester to go ten pin bowling and play laser quest. We arrived at about 12ish and played 2 games of bowling and then asked our hall rep what we should do next as the laser quest was full. She said something like "erm, whatever, you got another 4 hours to kill so, play more games of bowling?" Another 4 more hours to kill!!!!! We ended up playing on the arcade games/lots of games of pool to kill the time- which btw wasted alot of money!

Over the weekend I went to stay with my Aunt and Uncle so missed the sing-off -which was apparently rubbish and was won by Faraday or as we are meant to call them Faragay- Royce Halls greatest enemy.

The following night there was a bingo night (o wat joy) followed by a pub quiz, both of which we didn't win anything! Then we had Hey-Ewe. Hey-Ewe is the social night out for all the sports clubs and socials where every drink, and i mean every drink is £1 only! It turned out to be a rubbish night as I lost everyone and ended walking back to my block only to find 2 other guys who walked back too because they lost everyone!

The conclusion of freshers week was the Freshers Ball. This was truley an awsome night out. There was laser quest, fairground rides- including dogems!, mini golf, and the comedy club. Not to mention the great acts, (phh yeh right- liberty X great, i don't think so!) The Faders and celebs from Hollyoaks (Becka and Jake).

There are way too many pics from peeps in my hall which can all be found on my hall's website: www.roycehall.co.uk

Comments (0)